(707) 938-3833
(0) | $0.00

2018 Lantana Sauvignon Blanc

2018 Lantana Sauvignon Blanc
Add To Cart
Wine Specs
Harvest Date
September 10 & 13, 2018
52% Fermented in stainless-steel, 48% in oak for 3 months, lees aged in neutral oak for 4 months.
Bottling Date
February 9, 2019
Alcohol %
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
In the glass the wine is a light greenish-gold. The nose intrigues with aromas of golden hay, Pink Lady apples, mandarin orange and lemon pound cake. Creamy and rich in mouth-feel, the wine offers exotic flavors of white peach, honeydew melon, and lime zest that are balanced by a long silky finish redolent of nectarines and Meyer lemon.
Vineyard Notes
Our Sauvignon Blanc grapes are grown on richer, loamier soils for better canopy protection and distinct varietal aromas and flavors. We use a full range of clones to create a wine of greater complexity. 50% of this blend is from our Old Vines Block which are grown on both gravelly and loamy soils. 14% is from our Entav 378 clone, which adds minerality and citrus zest, and 30% from the Sauvignon Musqué clone which adds a distinctive aromatic herbal notes. The last 6% is from an experimental block of Sauvignon Gris (a cousin of Sauvignon Blanc) that highlights tropical fruit punch flavors. To create depth of flavor 52% was-stainless steel fermented at cooler temperatures, using a select strain of yeast that amplifies our indigenous Sauvignon Blanc aromatics. The remaining 48% was barrel fermented using indigenous yeasts for added richness and complexity. We use both new and two year-old French oak barrels for barrel fermentation, and neutral barrels for four months with extended lees contact to add texture and yeastiness.
Production Notes
96% Sauvignon Blanc, 6% Sauvignon Gris
Winemaker Notes
With the 2018 harvest we enjoyed a long, even growing season with heavy fruit set (extensive crop thinning in August!), good rainfall and higher yields that gave us the opportunity to dial in the flavor profiles, acidity and ripeness of our individual blocks. Our inspiration for this wine is the Lantana flower. Aside from its beauty, the bright orange and yellow flower is redolent of aromatics similar to our Heritage Old Vines but thriving Sauvignon Blanc block- displaying beautiful aromas of lemon grass and citrus blossoms.
Food Pairing Notes
This full-bodied Sauvignon Blanc can be enjoyed as an aperitif or paired with chicken, pastas in cream sauce, grilled salmon and seafood paellas.